Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sold out

Rather unexpectedly, I am completely sold out of the second batch of items I put on market in Sendaya. The pre-deployment items I seeded, sold out within ~36 hours.

There have been ridiculous claims from both ends of the spectrum, prices are too low, prices aren't high enough. Realistically, we didn't do a fantastic job seeding the market beforehand. We have a lot of work ahead but there is a lot we've identified as problems for correcting.

The biggest complaint I've heard this deployment: prices are hurting the 'poorer' (newest) newbies. This is accurate. I sold batches of newbie frigates for Jita +10%, they sold near immediately. They were also relisted at Jita + 30% near immediately. So, we see ships selling at 500k+ or 1.2m for basics. Shuttles at one point sold in the 200m price point.

It's really isk inefficient for our jump freighter pilots to move in large numbers of frigates, they're risking their own 6-7 Billion isk ship and jump fuel at no official reimbursement should they get bumped or trapped on the awful Sendaya station.

All in all, I'll freight in a few more loads of stuff and play the contract market I believe. They're almost always a turn-key product.

Otherwise, I'm less interested in the .1 isk game, for giggles I kept reducing in percentages. Then adding buy orders to further squeeze the fun out for the .1er's.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I hate how some people import in our markets. reselling is bad, but guys like you that keep hammering it do well in the end, and everyone wins.

    people need to udnerstand it's not pvp, it's market awox. price under jita+10, and no one will stock the market as well, which ends up with shortages. just put it up, healthy margin, and raise prices if it sells faster than you can stock. it gives the signal to otehrs that you need more to keep up with demand, and prices will drop down to that magic number pretty quick.

    the two biggest problems with nul sec importing, hero pricing, and fucktest pricing.

    keep at it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to pay as much attention as I would like to the markets in and around Sendaya due to work lately. It seems like things are mostly starting to stabilize and pricing on Atrons, for example, has come WAY down from intial staging and deployment. All in all, if I can't soon kick my insomnia, I will probably invest more of my fake pixel money and real life time into this thing again.

      Delete
  3. Each of the contents you mentioned in post is just too good and may be very useful. I will maintain it under consideration, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, excited for interneta veikals 1a.lv posts.

    ReplyDelete